You are welcome to attend the public sessions of XRB, NZASB or NZAuASB meetings, but only as observers.
Please register in advance by contacting us.
- The Board and the meeting date you want to attend;
- The agenda item(s) for which you want to be present;
- The organisation you represent (if any); and
- Your contact details.
Please let us know no later than 48 hours before the meeting, otherwise we might not be able to admit you.
We allocate seating on a first-come-first-serve basis, with a maximum of two peoiple from each organisation.
Agendas and Agenda Papers
We post the public agenda and papers on the relevant Board's meeting page approximately a week in advance of the meeting. They are available online only. We do not provide printed copies.
The Boards reserve the right to change the order and/or timing of their consideration of agenda items, without notice.
XRB’s Wellington Office (where the majority of meetings are held) is located at
Level 7, 50 Manners St, Wellington (cnr of Victoria and Manners Streets)
We will post the location of any meetings held outside of Wellington (usually Auckland) .
Meeting Rules and Protocols
The following protocols apply to observers' attendance at our Board meetings:
- You can attend only the public sessions.
- You can observe only. You are not allowed to speak at, or contribute to the discussion at, the meeting.
- We ask you not to operate cameras, mobile phones or any form of recording equipment during the meeting.
- Please sit and remain in the public area only (usually at the back of the room) prior to the scheduled starting time. Please do not talk to others in the public area during the meeting.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on our premises.
- We do not offer phone, fax or copying facilities or administrative support to observers.
- Your transport and parking arrangements are your responsibility, as are all costs associated with your attendance.
- You may stay and mingle with Board members during morning and afternoon tea breaks. Tea or coffee will be available in these breaks. Please leave the premises during the lunch break.
- You are responsible for your own lunch arrangements.
Attendance by the Media
Members of the media may attend Board meetings on the same basis as other members of the public. Any use of recording devices, including for interviews, is to be outside the meeting and as agreed by the Chief Executive.
Principles for Public Sessions
The XRB Board has established the following principles which will be used as a guide to determine what matters will be considered in public session:
- The general presumption is that all matters relating to a standard should be discussed in public session. This includes all matters relating to the development of that standard, including discussion papers, exposure drafts, related international Board papers and discussions, as well as stakeholder views.
- Matters relating to a standard may be considered in non-public session if, in the Chair’s view (whose opinion shall be final), any of the following apply:
- Commercial confidentiality (at a specific rather than general level) is involved;
- Personal privacy issues apply;
- The material being discussed has originated from outside the XRB and the authors have applied a confidential status to that material;
- The material being discussed is the subject of non-public government decision-making processes;
- Discussion of the matter in public is likely to result in legal prejudice; or
- Any similar or related situation to any of the above exists.
- The following matters will normally be considered in a non-public session:
- Matters relating to the general functioning of the Boards;
- Matters relating to the membership of the Boards; and
- Matters relating to the governance or management of the XRB organisation including corporate planning and strategy, organisational performance, staffing matters, declaration of interests and budgetary and financial matters.