You are welcome to attend the public sessions of XRB, NZASB or NZAuASB meetings, but only as observers.
Please let us know no later than 48 hours before the meeting. We expect a maximum of two people from each organisation.
We no longer accept registrations for Board meetings via email.
Follow this two-step process to register:
- In the panel above, select the Board for the meeting you wish to attend.
- On the Board meeting page, select the meeting you wish to attend in the Upcoming Meeting panel.
- Enter your details in the registration panel and click the Register button.
You will receive acknowledgement of your registration, including an email confirming your attendance.
Agendas and Agenda Papers
We post the public agenda and papers on the relevant Board's meeting page approximately a week in advance of the meeting. They are available online only.
Please note that in some circumstances, Boards may change the order and/or timing of agenda items.
Meetings are usually held in our Wellington Office located at
Level 7, 50 Manners St, Wellington (cnr of Victoria and Manners Streets)
We will post the location of any meetings held outside of Wellington (usually Auckland) .
Meeting Rules and Protocols
Please also note:
- You can attend only the public sessions.
- You are not allowed to speak at, or contribute to the discussion at, the meeting.
- Do not to operate cameras, mobile phones or any form of recording equipment during the meeting.
- Public seating is available at the back of the room and please be seated prior to the scheduled starting time.
- Do not talk to others in the public area during the meeting session.
- You cannot smoke anywhere on our premises.
- We do not offer phone, fax or copying facilities or administrative support to observers.
- Your transport and parking arrangements are your responsibility, as are all costs associated with your attendance.
- We make tea or coffee available to you during morning and afternoon tea breaks and you may stay and mingle with Board members during these times.
- You are responsible for your own lunch arrangements and we ask to you leave the premises during the lunch break.
Attendance by the Media
Members of the media may attend Board meetings on the same basis as other members of the public.
Any use of recording devices, including for interviews, is to be outside the meeting and as agreed by the Chief Executive.
Principles for Public Sessions
The following principles are a guide to determining what matters will be considered in a public session by a Board:
- Boards will normally discuss all matters relating to a standard—including those relating to its development, such as:
- any discussion or consultation papers;
- exposure drafts;
- related international Board papers and discussions; as well as
- stakeholder views.
- Boards may, however, consider some matters relating to a standard in a non-public session. This would be the case, if, in the Chair’s view (whose opinion shall be final), any of the following apply:
- Commercial confidentiality (at a specific rather than general level);
- Personal privacy issues;
- The material being discussed has originated from outside the XRB and the authors have applied a confidential status to that material;
- The material being discussed is the subject of non-public government decision-making processes;
- Discussion of the matter in public is likely to result in legal prejudice; or
- Any similar or related situation to any of the above exists.
- Boards will normally consider the following matters in a non-public session. Those relating to:
- their general functioning;
- their membership; and
- the governance or management of the XRB, including:
- corporate planning and strategy;
- organisational performance;
- staffing matters;
- declaration of interests; and
- budgetary and financial matters.